|What is it about our profession?
We take the time to recognize the achievements
our clients make, but we spend very little time recognizing our colleagues for
their achievements within the profession. It's
high time for social workers to engage in some good old fashioned employee
recognition! It doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming to recognize the
outstanding contributions of the Social Workers in your department.
Not only do Social Workers make a difference in the lives of
they also make a difference in each other's lives!
Employee Recognition Ideas For Social Workers
- Hold a quarterly meeting devoted to publicly recognizing the achievements of the entire
organization's social workers. Consider starting a
Super Social Worker
- Grab some social work
Greeting Cards or
Postcards and put notes of
appreciation in the mailboxes of your hard-working colleagues. Or use them as
invitations to a special employee recognition event.
- Pick up some gift certificates for a popular local
restaurant or order in pizza for
the staff as a token of recognition for their efforts.
- Incorporate humor into your recognition off employee
accomplishments. You can find humorous items specific to Social Work at
Fried Social Worker
Store. Items for general office humor can be found at
- Put formal recognition of employees' achievements in their
- Recognize your supervisees or colleagues with
motivational art for their office. Present the employee with their
gift publicly with specific mention of the employee's achievements.
- Pick up the phone and tell a Social Work colleague or supervisee that you not only noticed
how hard they're working, but that you sincerely appreciate it too.
- Post a note of appreciation on the company's intranet
or in your organization's newsletter.
- Commit random acts of recognition. Surprise a colleague or supervisee with a
Social Work Mug filled with candy or chocolate. Leave it on his/her desk with a
note of appreciation.
- Recognize your employees' achievements by paying for
their attendance at a conference or seminar
that meets CEU licensure renewal requirements.
- Play "Button Tag" at weekly staff meetings. Get a
Lapel Button and bestow
it on a Social Worker. Tell him/her in specific detail what you appreciate about
that Social Worker to wear the pin for a week. The following week, the Social Worker
who was "pinned" the previous week
publicly pins it on another worker and says in front of everyone why the next
Social Worker deserves to wear it. Try this or something similar to promote
collegial recognition of each other.
Find low cost
Read more about
Employee Awards here.
Celebrate Social Work page.